In order to encourage more folks to coordinate and for coordinators to up their skills to feel more confident coordinating, KCCNY will pay.
- 50 percent of up to $200 per membership/calendar year* (i.e. $100 reimbursement) without board pre-approval at a rate of $20/per trip coordinated.
Of course you don’t need any training to coordinate…at KCCNY we make it as easy as possible to coordinate.
KCCNY already offers assistance for instructor training.
- Takes Zoar demo day buddy rescue course @$30 (which actually sounds cool for basic rescue). No immediate reimbursement. Coordinates Lehigh trip, submits form, gets $15.
- Takes Wayne G-Man’s rescue course for $150. Coordinates 4 trips and submit form. Gets $75 back ($150/2=$75).
- You need to be an active KCCNY member with an annual waiver on file.
- Trips must be in KCCNYs normal paddling area… 200 miles from NYC with exceptions for the Yough, Stoney. More distant trips should be cleared with activities manager.
- Trips need to be posted at least 10 days ahead for releases and always running rivers (and as far ahead as practical for natural flow).
- All coordinated trips must be done and submitted within 365 days of course completion.
- Membership/calendar year meaning if you join in the fall 0f say 2022 you can only collect $100 for $200 in courses without prior approval.
- *Prior approval is by the activities committee and if they don’t have budget or consensus, then the the officers and then the board.
- Please allow 1-4 weeks for your reimbursement.
Fill out this form.